Diálogos de Derecho Internacional 2021: “International Law and violence”
Diálogos de Derecho Internacional 2021: “International Law and violence”Keynote address - (10-11am):
Di Tella Law School
23rd August 2021
- Prof. Samuel Moyn (Yale Law School): “The Paradoxes of Humane War”.
Panel 1 - (11.10-13.10):
- Prof. Jinan Bastaki (United Arab Emirates University), “State Responsibility for Aiding and Abetting in a States Wars Against their People: A Crime Under International Law”.
- Prof. Alejandro Chehtman (UTDT), "Combatant privilege in asymmetrical wars".
- Prof. Alexandra Hofer (Utrecht University), “Violence at a distance: correcting international law’s short-sighted vision of non-forcible coercion”.
Panel 2 - (13.40-15.40):
- Prof. Udoka Owie (Base University), “Starvation of Civilians as Violence: Expanding Conceptions and Contours of International Law”.
- Prof. Pablo Kalmanovitz (CIDE), “Should organized crime be treated as a non-state party to an armed conflict?”
- Prof. Noam Zamir (Lyon Catholic University) & Prof. Daniel Pascoe (City University of Hong Kong): "Situating Hong Kong's Rule of Law Discourse Over Time".