Nomination and Application Process for Exchange Students and Free-Movers
Nominations for exchange students may be done through this form. Free-movers/visiting students do not need to be nominated by their home universities. Upon acceptance, and in order to ensure a place at UTDT, free movers will have to secure their spot through the payment of a fee equivalent to the cost of one course. The information on how to make this payment will be sent in the acceptance package.
First semester (March - July): October 15
Second semester (August - December): April 1
First semester (March - July): November 1
Second semester (August - December): April 15
First & second quarters / Modules 1 & 2: November 1
Third quarter/ Modules 3, 4 & 5: April 15
Mandatory Orientation Program:
Each semester a compulsory program is offered Friday before the undergraduate semester begins. This activity aims at helping students learn how to navigate the University, learn about social and academic resources/programs, receive academic advice, enroll in classes, meet new people, begin to make connections and get questions answered.
Second semester of 2022 (August - December): Friday, July 29. An optional city will be offered on Saturday, July 30.
- At least 18 years of age when starting the program at UTDT.
- 3.0 minimum G.P.A.
- For MBA courses: be at least 26 years of age and have a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your application:
- Official University transcript in English or Spanish including the grades of the most recent semester and an explanation of the grading system used at the home university.
- Language requirements: Certificates are only required when students will be taking courses in a language that is not their mother tongue nor that of instruction at their home university. Spanish: B2 or 4 semesters of college-level courses. English: B2.
- Copy of passport information page (if a multiple passport holder, please only send the one that will be used to enter Argentina).
- Formal color photo for UTDT student ID in .jpg format.
- Architecture and Design students must also submit a 5-20 page portfolio in .pdf format. weighing less than 10 MB. They will also be required to have a virtual admissions interview.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- An email confirmation will be sent when the application is received.
- Admissions decisions will be communicated via email approximately three weeks after the application deadline.
While the final course schedule is available approximately two weeks before each semester begins, we will require that once you receive your acceptance letter, you submit a tentative learning agreement (LA) completed with the course information of the previous academic year. You will be registered in the courses indicated on your LA, and as soon as the course schedule is published, you will receive it so as to determine if your courses have any overlaps. Since attendance is required at UTDT, you will need to make changes to your schedule should there be any overlapping courses. Changes will be only allowed during the add/drop period, which takes place during the first two weeks of the semester for undergraduate students and the first week of each module for graduate students. After these periods, any courses in which the student is enrolled will appear on the transcript to be sent to the home university.
Please take into consideration that many universities are closed when the second semester´s add/drop period at UTDT takes place (early August). Since no exceptions will be made to the add/period, please make sure to come to UTDT with more pre-approved courses than you would need to take so that you have options should you have to change your course registration.
All in-person students will be required to pay a one-time UTDT student fee of USD 50. This non-refundable fee will be charged upon acceptance and must be paid before the orientation program.