XXIII Workshop in International Economics and Finance | Call for papers
CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
· The deadline for submitting papers for this event is November 15, 2019.
· The program will be posted on the workshop’s web site www.utdt.edu/ief-workshop, by December 6th, 2019.
We welcome papers on International Economics, Macroeconomics, Finance and Political Economy that address issues of relevance for the economies of Latin America. Topics of special interest include (but are not limited to!):
· Evaluation of exchange rate regimes including dollarization in Ecuador.
· Fiscal policy management and commodity price risk: politics and economics.
· Debt sustainability and debt restructuring.
· Capital flows to emerging economies and US monetary policy.
· Impact of global trade issues especially for Latin America and the Caribbean and appropriate policy responses.
The papers to be presented in the academic sessions will be selected by a program committee whose members include:
Cristina Arellano, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Joao Ayres, Inter-American Development Bank
Emilio Espino, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella
Roberto Mosquera, Universidad de las Americas
Andrés Neumeyer, Universidad Torcuato di Tella
Andrew Powell, Inter-American Development Bank
Paulina Restrepo-Echavarria, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Daniel Riera-Crichton, The World Bank
Guillermo Vuletin, The World Bank