XXV Workshop in International Economics and Finance | Call for papersCALL FOR PROPOSALS:
- Papers must be submitted in English through this LINK.
- The deadline for submitting papers for this event is June 9th, 2023.
- The program will be posted on the workshop’s web site www.utdt.edu/ief-workshop
We welcome papers that are theoretical, quantitative, and empirical in nature. Some topics of particular interest are:
- Microeconomic and macroeconomic aspects of fiscal reforms.
- The design of social insurance in economies with many informal small firms.
- Inflation stabilization programs.
- Capital controls.
- Designing institutions for fiscal and monetary stability.
- US monetary policy and international capital flows.
- Fiscal cycles associated with commodity exports.
- The politics of economic reform, institutional change, exchange rates, choice of debt instruments, and default.
We hope that the diverse research topics covered in the session will foster engaging and productive discussion.
The papers to be presented in the academic sessions will be selected by a program committee whose members include:
Cristina Arellano, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Laura Castillo-Martínez, Duke University & CEPR
Alejandro Izquierdo, Inter-American Development Bank
Andrés Neumeyer, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella
Stephanie Schmitt-Grohé, Columbia University
Guillermo Vuletin, The World Bank