Can I work during my exchange?

In order to lawfully accept employment, a student must obtain a National ID and a tax identification number (CUIL or CUIT). Since getting these documents can take a few months, students who come for under 6 months generally cannot work. If you are coming for a longer and want to work, make sure to go to obtain these documents as soon as you arrive in Argentina. The International Programs Office staff will be happy to guide you through the steps for obtaining these documents.