VIDANTA-WILSON CENTER FELLOWSHIP
Fosterin Innovation in the Americas
Fundación Vidanta and the Latin American Program of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars invite scholars, practitioners, journalists, and public intellectuals to apply for a short-term residential fellowship at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington, D.C
For Latin America and the Caribbean, the challenge to create, implement, and sustain innovation in the public, private, and non-profit domains is a daunting one. The organizers will accept policy-relevant proposals that address key challenges to successful innovation ecosystems in the Americas.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants who are citizens of any Latin American or Caribbean country and who reside in the region.
- Applicants must hold a valid passport and be able to obtain a J-1 visa. The Center welcomes applications from outstanding women and men from a wide variety of backgrounds, including academia, business, government, journalism, and other professions.
- A command of spoken English is necessary since the Center encourages the exchange of ideas among its Fellows and with the broader Washington policy community.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate or graduate degree and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- The Fellowship is not open to current students or to those working on a Master’s-level or doctoral dissertation.
Applications should be submitted via email and should contain the following elements:
• A current CV indicating educational and professional background, nationality, date of birth, and contact information (address, email, and telephone number). Only the first three pages will be accepted.
• A project proposal not to exceed five double-spaced, typed pages, using a 12-point font.
• A short bibliography (optional and not to exceed one page) for the project that includes relevant print or on-line sources.
• An indication of why residency at the Center will be beneficial to the project.
• The names and contact information for two references.
• All application materials must be submitted in English.
• Please make your project clear to individuals outside your own field and explain its practical significance.
Completed applications, as well as any questions, should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is March 31, 2017.
For more Information, click the following link: https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article/call-for-applications-fostering-innovation-the-americas