XXI Workshop in International Economics and Finance | Call for papers
- Papers must be submitted in English and in PDF format through this link.
- The deadline for submitting papers for this event is January 3rd, 2018.
- The program will be posted on the workshop’s web site www.utdt.edu/ief-workshop, by January 10th, 2018.
We welcome papers on International Economics, Macroeconomics and Finance that address issues of relevance for the economies of Latin America. Topics of special interest include (but not limited to):
- Monetary and fiscal policy in EMEs under an uncertain external environment.
- Disinflation: inflation targeting versus the others.
- Global imbalances and capital flows in EMEs.
- Macro-prudential policies and capital controls.
- Technological innovation and sectorial employment.
- The role of the nominal exchange rate regime: fiscal shocks, trade policy and the RER.
- Political economy of populism.
- The implications of monetary policy normalization in advanced economies.
The papers to be presented in the academic sessions
will be selected by a program committee whose members include:
Emilio Espino, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella
Andrés Fernández, Inter-American Development Bank
Daniel Chiquiar, Bank of Mexico
Constantino Hevia, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella
Bernabé López-Martín, Bank of Mexico
Andrés Neumeyer, Central Bank of Argentina
Andrew Powell, Inter-American Development Bank
Carlos Urrutia, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México
Carlos Végh, The World Bank