XX Workshop in International Economics and Finance | Call for papers
The XX 2017 Workshop in International Economics and Finance organized by Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, the World Bank LAC Chief Economist Office, the Inter-American Development Bank’s Research Department, LACEA and the Central Bank of Argentina will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina on March 20 and 21, 2017.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
- The deadline for submitting papers for this event is December 9, 2016.
- The program will be posted online by December 20, 2016.
We welcome papers on International Economics, Macroeconomics and Finance that address issues of relevance for the economies of Latin America. Topics of special interest include:
- Monetary policy and financial stability in the face of lower growth and larger fiscal deficits
- Monetary developments in the United States and capital flows to/from emerging markets
- The structural reform agenda and productivity — where are we?
- Trade and migration flows
- Latin America and the commodity cycle: politics and economics
- The economics of political discontent
- Political economy of populism
The papers to be presented in the academic sessions will be selected by a program committee whose members include:
Tito Cordella, The World Bank
Emilio Espino, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella
Andrés Fernández, Inter-American Development Bank
George McCandless, Banco Central de la República Argentina
Juan Pablo Nicolini, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella & Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Samuel Pienknagura, The World Bank
Andrew Powell, Inter-American Development Bank